Adios 2011- make room for 2012!!
2011 was an awesome year! I got to go lots of places- Jamaica and Cozumel on a cruise, Austin(here, here and here), Philly(here, here, and here), New York(here and here), and San Francisco(here, here and here) and had a blast in all those destinations! I got to make lots of new blogger friends (now real life friends!) at HLS and Foodbuzz fest! I got really good grades in school (hello 4.0!), and I also got to quit my job working in retail to focus on school. I also ran a 10K AND a half marathon!! And I only got sick once this year (Bronchitis- I get it every year!)- shout out to all the fresh fruits and veggies(and vegetarian living) for giving me an amazing immune system! All in all I have to say that 2011 was a pretty great year!!!!
But 2012…. it’s going to be even better!!! I’m not going to get to travel as much (hubby is about to start a new job. It’s a promotion in title, but the money will be a lot less. Yikes.). But traveling is not the end all to be all. Getting to travel a lot does not determine my happiness even though it is fun. So I’m okay with it!
I’ve decided that I’m pretty much going to kick ass in 2012! I’m not really into resolutions(they’re kind of lame honestly). I’m not really much into goals and numbers either(I feel like some people spend their whole lives making all these goals for themselves that have all these specific numbers and deadlines that they don’t spend any time actually living their lives!!)
But I do have a few things that I would love to do this year…
- Learn to juggle (I know it sounds silly, but I’ve always wanted to learn!)
- Get to my goal weight (I’m not really that far from my goal weight, but I honestly didn’t lose ANY weight this year. I would lose a couple of pounds and then gain them back. Up and down all year. So. Freaking. Frustrating! This is the year that I’m going to get it done!!)
- Go skydiving (another thing I’ve always wanted to do- which will probably be my present to myself when I finally get to my goal weight!)
- Keep being awesome in school (keep getting good grades and focus on doing some volunteering for some RDs)
- Do better at balancing life (I was so focused on school this semester that I literally did laundry maybe twice all semester and my house constantly looked like a tornado blew through it. I need to work on balancing my work better so that I don’t have to go through this again! It’s really stressful!!)
- Save more money (things are going to be really tight this year. I need to make priorities on my spending and we need to start doing a better job of saving. If you ask me to go out with you I will probably have to say no unless I’m able to plan far in advance. Please don’t be insulted. I need to start doing what’s best for our future and not so much having fun in the moment. It would also do me well to remember when I spend money that I don’t have a job and I’m technically spending my husband’s money)
Hmmm… I think that’s all!! Bring it on 2012!!! Hope everyone has a great New Year- don’t forget to eat your black eyed peas (and maybe listen to them too for a little extra good luck- ya never know! )