YAY- it’s time for another edition of five things Friday!! I think that in the world we are living in today, though there are certainly so many horrible things going on that it is oh so important to recognize the blessings we receive even though they aren’t always obvious to us!
So here are my five blessings for this week!
1) My FOUR YEAR wedding anniversary with this fella! Definitely doesn’t feel like it’s been four years!
2) My health! Even though I’m not quite where I want to be with my weight loss yet I think it’s super important to me that I remember where I started and how I’m never going to go back to that! (down over 40 lbs so far!)
3) A roof over my head and healthy food in my belly. I haven’t talked about this at all but we’ve been struggling to get by lately and that has been very rough on me emotionally. I still have no idea how I’m going to pay for school next semester since I was denied for financial aid. And even though this is soul crushing there’s a chance I may have to take a year off and get a job and save up to finish my last year of school. But I’m still so very thankful to have a roof over my head. And I’m praying for those finances to pay for my last year of school and I’m hoping that will somehow be provided for.
4) This blog. A place where I can complain, rant, celebrate, whatever I want… It’s the only place I can go where no one can tell me what I’m doing is wrong. Though it may not be fancy and I may sometimes neglect it a little when things get hectic it’s always here for me when I need it!
5) Books! When I need a way to escape from reality for a little bit reading has always been there for me!! Here are a couple of my faves this summer:
- The Mortal Instruments series. The newest of the series came out this summer and after I read it I decided to reread the entire series. I can’t believe I have to wait till 2014 for the next installment!
- The Divergent Trilogy. Another fantastic series! The newest recently came out and it was OMG fantastic!!
- And that’s another Five Things Friday! Till next time!