Hey boys and girls! We’re creeping up on finals here and we’re pretty slammed with lots of last minute assignments, so my posts will be pretty sparse till finals are over.
Even as busy as I am I always find time to post about Foodie Penpals! I think that most everyone posted theirs yesterday since it’s also WIAW, but seeing that I haven’t really been doing WIAW in a while I just decided to stick with the schedule and post mine on the last day of the month. Check out what everyone else got here.
This month Caitlin from Cait Plus Ate was my foodie penpal.
Here are the goodies I got….
Chocolate pita chips. They’re delicious- they taste like crunchy little chocolate cookies!
Two of my favorite things- dark chocolate and coffee…
Caitlin really hooked me up with the chocolate! NOM!
And mint jelly. I’m intrigued by this. I’ve never had mint jelly before, so I’m not really sure what to do with it? Any suggestions??
Thanks Caitlin for the goodies!!!!
Here are the deets if you want to join in on the foodie penpal fun!
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month. *US Residents only please at this time- hopefully we can expand soon!*
If you’re interested in participating for December, please send an email to Lindsay at email@example.com and include the following information:
-Your full name
-Your email address
-Your blog name/address
-Your twitter handle (if applicable)
She will need to hear from you by December 4th as pairings will be emailed on December 5th!